The book covers:
- What is unschooling and how it effectively works.
- Resources (some great tips in this book, I even found a great series of books I'd not heard of before to add to our library for Skylar). But there is great reading suggestions for Mom and Dad too.
- Having a home with TV or No TV.
- How can you tell if they are learning via unschooling.
- Examples of unschoolers days, sort of like their typical days. And a bit on how to document if you have a state that requires documentation. Information was shared by 34 unschooling families. Even those with strict state reporting.
- How things like reading, writing, math, science, history and the Arts are learned by unschoolers.
- Changes as the kids grow older, lots of high schoolers are unschooled.
- It has tidbits from unschooled kids shared through out which are always interesting to read.
- Coping with doubts and challenges as the unschooling parent. Sort of like when you let any doubt creep in an question yourself, or well well meaning folks make you second guess yourself.