Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Preschool for Decklin

I think Decklin is ready to start a bit more of a structured preschool time with me. For a while now it's just been learning through play, his workbox items and the girls reading to him a lot. This is all great of course but I wanted to plan some special time that I can spend with him in the morning before everyone else wakes up, since he seems to really be bitten by the school bug and seems disappointed that he does not have things to do like his big sisters.  He always pulls out papers and says, "Mom I have to do my math page". 


I took some time this morning to make a schedule up based on resources I have on hand already. I only went up to about 6 weeks as I am going to give a spin with him using the Explode the Code Primers and I only have book A on hand to add to the schedule. I will be adding more as we get further or dropping if we need to. 
We are going to do the primers orally as I did with my girls. 
He'll continue on with workboxes as he wishes and I'll fill them with items I scheduled in and other things like puzzles, file folder games and other various hands on we have on hand. 


Homeschool - Preschool Age 4

4 comments:

Jen @ Forever, For Always... said...

Just found your blog from the RC group. I am just beginning to research RC and I also use workboxes with my children. Thanks for all of the good info!

Melissa said...

Gotta love those workboxes! And Robinson, I don't know how we got by before : )

Awe sure, I appreciate that.

Hollinger Family said...

Doesn't workboxes and RC go fabulous together? We love it!

~Sheri

Melissa said...

Sheri it's fantastic, like the two were made to work together : ) LOL