Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ah the holidays...

Usually I wait and wrap gifts Christmas Eve with my Mom when she's here. This year I opted to follow Flylady and wrap early. I made a gift log system and numbered the packages (wrote the numbers on the bottom of the gift wrap) so when placing under the tree I'd know what is what. (There is just no way I'd remember any other way LOL).

Our sweet looking little puppy Alice is 11 weeks today. I once heard the owner of the local German Shepherd Rescue refer to puppies as terrorists. Boy all I can say after 3 weeks with little Alice is "Amen Sister!!" boy she nailed it. I know puppies are cute, but darn I can't wait for her puppyhood to be over, ah the vision of a house broken dog...... I see it far off in the distance and can't wait for it. : )
Ya'll know me, I have her on a schedule, well the best one I can and she is for sure coming along nicely. : ) Last night I only had to get up with her once during the night. Yeah she can hold it for 5 hours. You go Alice! LOL

The girls are getting a special treat today. I'm taking Skylar and Summer to get their hair cut by my hair stylist. Normally my dad does it (he's been a hair stylist all my life) but I wanted him to be able to relax when he visits and not have to work at all. Though I might enlist his help in cutting our puppy's hair, LOL (just kidding dad... or am I?)

The girls will be taking some time off (we school year round) and take off at holidays when family comes in. So off from Monday the 20th until about January 1st.
Skylar started back up with Christian light math. She was having a spot of trouble memorizing her flash cards so I thought the two would go nicely hand in hand. Summer is loving ACE math. I created cards that say "I have the day off I worked ahead" so if they work ahead from their workbox schedule, they get the following day off and only have to do a quick flash card peak and their usual reading to themselves.

Decklin asked Santa for more school stuff. I hope he gets some great fun things to do.

Well I have to wake the girls with my Iphone morning jam. They don't wake to a nice "time to get up" so I've taken to playing some Itunes to help them rise. So much better than me having to go in over and over to wake them up. : )

No comments: