Friday, September 17, 2010

Our fall nature table




We have a book that shows the lovely leaves changing. We don't have that where we live so books have to suffice. The Year at Maple Hill Farm (Sonlight Core B/ P4/P5 book) since it has such a nice story of life on the farm through the seasons. 
We picked up a container of gourds which the kids think are the neatest things ever. 
And all the pine cones were gathered by my older daughter when she was golfing with her Dad one day. 
I found a cute little scarecrow and the pumpkin with fall flowers at the local Walgreen's in their dollar fall bins. (and thought, on nature table for sure! LOL). And then we have a little bear figure made of wood. This is from a playset of lead free, American made toys my son receive for Christmas. I had two cloth brown place mats that I used under everything. I know some folks use playsilks but I like to work with what I have on hand first and only buy as needed. 

2 comments:

Hollinger Family said...

GREAT seasonal table!
Just wanted to let you know what a great encouragement you are to other moms. You do a beautiful job sharing wonderful ideas!
Blessings, Sheri

Melissa said...

Awe thank you Sheri. Right back at ya! I know I love to read the way you guys use Robinson : ).
And you are always so helpful to others on the yahoo groups as well.