- I get up about 6 or 7 A.M. I have no idea why or how since I don't usually go to sleep until after midnight. Ember is such a night owl and gets in "I want to play" mode when the sun goes down. Kids are all asleep when I get up. I make some decaf coffee, catch up on emails and chat with some of my fellow homeschoolers online. Sometimes I exercise during this time. My little guy is usually the first one up, maybe by 9:30 or so. We talk a bit when he gets up. I might read to him if he's interested or he goes off to play a bit in his room. If we are making a big breakfast that involves baking, he and I will do that together usually as well.
- About 10:30 or 11AM everyone else is up and ready to eat (except the baby). We have a nice large family breakfast (which I tend to view as much brunch due to the late hour).
- After the kids help clear down from breakfast I give them a choice of chores, play or starting school. I'm pretty relaxed about order of things. As long as they get done at some point I'm happy.
- Today they did chores first, and I fed the baby while they did so.
- After they all just zipped out of the room and went to play together (baby included). I'm blogging and then I'm going to check over their school work from yesterday.
- So after some play time I imagine we'll do school later in the afternoon or we'll have an early dinner and they'll do school after.
- About 4 pm we'll have an early dinner. And if school was not done earlier, they will do that. If it was then they go off and play a bit.
- If they are going outside to play, after 7 p.m. works best here as it's much cooler. So they'll do that, come in for baths after and then get to bed maybe by 10:30 or so.
We tend to like this later schedule for summer months. I'm not sure if it will stick for winter, probably in winter it will be outside to play in the afternoon when the weather is warmest.