Monday, April 26, 2010

Please spare some time to remember this family...

Today I spent the day with my own family, we shopped, had lunch, enjoyed time together.
I sat down while nursing Ember (soon to be 12 months) and clicked on the Sonlight forum tab to read.
A message was on top of the Sonlight forum, saying Sonlight's forum family remembers baby Gracie Lou. I clicked on the link to read about Gracie Lou and with that first glimpse, I began to weep. I called my husband and children in to hear about Gracie Lou. And we all cried for this small baby who fought for her 10 days of life and her family who mourns her. She is the grandaughter of John and Sarita, the creators of Sonlight curriculum.
As I read on, I held my now sleeping baby tighter and my husband and I reflected how our day was spent in normalcy and joy verses that of this family as they lost their own daughter.
We had been in shoes similar in praying for the life of our own daughter Skylar when she was two and awaiting a new liver.

Please offer a prayer for this family.

3 comments:

Luke said...

Thank you so much for your continued prayers.

~Luke

redkitchen said...

I am lifting this precious family up in prayer. Praying for peace, strength, and comfort as only God can give.

Melissa said...

Luke, yes of course. My heart goes out to your family during this tragic time.