Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A great day of hands on science. And I guess you could say gym class as well.

Today we had one of those amazing homeschooling days. The kind of day where you and your husband look at each other and say. Thank God we homeschool. We had snow, which is not a norm for us. My 3 year old looked out the window at 7:30 this morning and said "Mommy it's snowing". I thought for sure he was joking. But sure enough we had snow. Huge flakes coming down. I grabbed the video camera and began taping.
We had a quick breakfast. Then I dressed the kids in triple layers to play in the snow. (we have had snow only once in the past 3 years so this was quite a huge deal for us). 
My husband got up after the kids went outside. The baby was sleeping, so we dressed (baby monitor in hand) and off we went to join the kids. We had an hour snowball fight. My little guy enjoyed tasting the snow and was tickled that he could catch those huge flakes. What a great real life day of science and gym we had. If the kids were in traditional school, they would not have been home to share in the fun with us. 
We felt so very lucky today to just enjoy fun together as a family.

2 comments:

momtothree said...

Looks like lots of fun. Wish we could have some snow. Of couse, I am in FL. I wish I had driven last month to the snow for my kids. It was 3-4 hours away. However, any snow in these parts paralyzes things. My kids would have a blast. Also, your kids are getting so big. I don't drop by often. I've had you bookmarked for awhile.

Angela(aclark)

Melissa said...

Hi Great to see you. I hope you and your family are well.
Ouch 3-4 hours would be a hike.
Yes, similar here as far as making things come to a full stop.

So glad you stopped by : )