Tuesday, February 16, 2010

5 days into our new set up (Sonlight ala Robinson curriculum)

Today was a great day. SJ and I had a nice breakfast, just she and I. Set up our work folders (she likes helping do that) and played a game together, all before the other kids even woke up today.
The weather here is wonderful. Definitely enjoying what mother nature is offering us lately.


I didn't expect it to be such a smooth transition on our new Sonlight ala Robinson, but have been pleasantly surprised.
SR has been flying through her books at a pace I didn't even dream of. We already have been having some great conversations about her readings. Right now she is reading about King Tut.
My Mom suggested something today which I'm thinking might be nice to implement for her. Having SR do a journal every evening about what she did each day. This will be a nice way to end the evening for her.
So I think we might start that tonight.

2 comments:

redkitchen said...

This sounds like an interesting concept. I'm going to check in often to see how this works out for you guys.

Melissa said...

Thanks : )